Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Somewhere between cheering and hyperventilating...

Well, the past few weeks have not gone as slowly as I had hoped- the time has flown by! It's been so great to spend the past six weeks with my family. As much as I miss Taylor University and my friends there, I know staying home for J-term was the right decision. I have gotten to play with Bentley, watch Grant play basketball, and just enjoy my family before I leave. I'm going to miss them so much! There are only 5 days left until I get on the plane, and I'm not completely sure how I feel about that (hence the title of this post). I'm very excited about this adventure and all the amazing things I will learn and experience, but I am also very nervous about leaving my family for so long, living with a new family, and speaking Spanish all the time. I've also started the packing process and it has been a bit overwhelming. I can only bring one 50-lb. suitcase for the entire semester, which is a major challenge for someone who always packs too much. Hopefully everything fits and it stays under the weight limit!

2 comments: